Tuesday 18 February 2014

Pin cushion Caddie - or tidying up my stuff!!


While I was playing about on Instagram I found a lovely picture of a Pin cushion Caddie made by the lovely Vividfelicity you can find a few beautifully made ones on her stream. 

The pattern comes from Anna Maria Horner's book Seams to Me but I needed to make one then and without leaving the house, it was raining and I needed a make to cheer me up. After much searching I found a different but downloadable pattern and fab tutorial from Sewing by Moonlight  and set to work. 

Half made and being a bit of a fiddle. 
The tutorial was great and straightforward to follow however I would make a few changes on my next one, and there will be a few I think. Firstly I decided to fill mine with toy stuffing and would do a bit as I go along as trying to get it all round though one hole was a heck of a struggle. 

Also I found trying to sew the base on while making sure I caught the other pieces of material to stop the stuffing escaping I challenge too so I did it in two parts. I'm really pleased with the results a great way of showing off your favourite scraps of fabric and a useful place to keep your bits while on a project. 
Thanks to sewing by moonlight for the tutorial. 

Happy making 
Claire xx

1 comment:

  1. I love your new pincushion caddie!! I'm promptly adding this to my list of ten million things I want to make! :)

    ReplyDelete