Thursday 7 August 2014

Grainline's Maritime Shorts - Summer is here!



Well yes summer is here, we have had some great weather and not so great weather. 

A bit of camping has been happening with a bit of rain in The Lakes. 
But also a bit of sewing. 

I've had a few Grainline patterns in the pipeline and finally put together my maritime shorts which I cut out a couple of weeks ago. I've seen so many well made pairs out there I needed to have a go. Just google and you'll see. 
 
Well they went together really well. It help that this was not my first grainline Zip fly. I have already made a moss skirt which I love 

Very comfy and fits so well. 

Anyway back to the shorts. I followed Jen's tutorial online as well as the pattern which made everything quite straightforward and it all came together well and quickly. I benefited from the extra photos. 

Really losing patience withy head shots. - something to work on. 

I used a mid weight stretchy cotton which allows for heavy lunches. 


I like to use bright zips on my clothes so out came a red zip which I love. 

And to continue my red theme here are my daisy pockets. 

For once I'm also quite happy with the inside so here's another picture 

 I'm kind of getting to grips with my overlocker although still a lot to learn.  I did forget a lonely pin in some fabric the other week after the bang I certainly won't forget again. 

So my final thoughts, the instructions are good and this pattern goes together quickly. I did have a made pair of shorts beside me as I was putting it together a I did get the wrong idea when sewing up some seams. Which is more down to me and my inexperience with sewing garments. I think this is a lovely classic pattern which produces a professional pair of shorts which I will be making  again. Finally picture at the zoo 


No comments:

Post a Comment