Thursday 2 January 2014

Looking back, looking forward.


2013 has been a busy year, in fact I'm not sure where the year has gone. 
I started the year wanting to sew and craft more which I feel I have and more. I have found that I enjoy quilting and have made my first dress which I actually wear out of the house. 

I bought my fab new sewing machine which I am still getting to know it, can do so much.By the end of the year I decided that an overlocker would be a sound investment. I haven't had much time to play with it yet but hopefully the new year will give me some time. 

I also went to two Exeter Sewing Directory meet ups which were great fun and I met such lovely people and learnt new skills which I'm putting into practise and will continue this year I'm talking hexie love! 

I also discovered Instagram which I just think is awesome an amazing way of discovering what is going on in the crafting world, meeting people and sharing basically some cool stuff. 

To finish the year I did my first Christmas Craft fayre which was I bit overwhelming but rewarding when I made my first sale knowing that people liked my stuff. 

Well now here's to the future, maybe lists can wait for today but I hope to do more making and learning as the months progress. 

Here's some of my makes from the past year 

Claire x



2 comments:

  1. I love the postage stamp fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin I love it too I've kept some back to hopefully make a skirt at some point.

      Delete