Tuesday 7 January 2014

New Projects -Economy Block Quilt- fresh sewing day-small blog meet

Morning

I've just been grabbing a bit of sewing and blogging time while the house is quiet.
Over the holidays I saw an Instagram  from Katy Jones 'I'm a ginger monkey' about an economy block along, well count me in! I've been waiting for days to get my sewing machine out. I think it may feel a bit neglected over Christmas but family time called.
This morning I completed my first hurray!

It was really straightforward to make the hardest part was choosing the fabric. You can find the tutorial on Red Pepper Quilts here

If you're an Instagramer - not really a word but I like it, check out #economyblockalong looks like people have really gone for it there are some really beautiful blocks out there already


While I was catching up on some blog reading I was on Lily's quilts. Reading about fresh sewing day and small blog meet. It really fits into where I am at the moment a small blog and wanting to do some more sewing for me over the coming year.
So Projects for the coming year-
Economy Block Quilt
Paper Pieced Star Wars Quilt- not for me, although I will struggle to give it up.
English paper piecing travel kit - started before Christmas.
Table runner for Kitchen table.
wallet for me
bag - not sure on pattern yet.
Casual lady dress
peony dress
Washi Dress
to begin with,
I really want to make more clothes for myself, going through my stash yesterday I have so much I have bought with ideas in mind that so far I haven't made yet. In fact I bought a vintage sheet to make a skirt last year which didn't go round me then but it does now, hurray!


So a post on the beginnings of 2014, be good to share my making year with others, I met so many nice people in 2013 through meetups following blogs and Instagram I hope the same continues into this year too.

Off to sew while the house is still quiet.
Claire x




4 comments:

  1. Goodness! That's already an ambitious list...or would be for me. I have decided not to take any more quilt classes or start new projects until current ones are finished. I like your jaunty red block. I've not 'done' Instagram as yet - am focusing on the blog, and the occasional tweet or twitter sew in which some of the US quilters organise now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thank you for your comment, my list has got a lot of things I didn't get round to last year, I do wonder how many will be there this time next year.
      I haven't heard of Twitter sew will check it out this year, I hope you get all your current projects completed and Happy New Year
      Claire

      Delete
  2. Hi Claire and welcome, the economy block caught my attention, it is lovely. I was looking for ideas this morning for that particular quilt, not sure if I will start one, haven't decided yet if I "really need" to start an other project...:) K.Jones has this block resized at 12" on her blog, I might do that one.
    Best wishes with your blog.
    Maryse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maryse thank you for your kind words. I've managed a couple more blocks it's going to be a slow paced quilt as I pick up bits and bobs of fabric. I've seen K.Jones resized one good luck if you decide to have a go mine might be finished for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete