Monday 13 January 2014

Sewing with the little one


My family are very patient with my sewing although much is done when they are in bed. There are a few moments when I shout please don't touch that, referring to an unfinished project on my table.

My eldest has become very interested in my sewing machine and was asking constantly the other, wet and windy day, could he sew on my machine, but what to sew? I had all these wonderful ideas flying around, but then came back to earth, lets get him sewing straight lines- a pillowcase of course!!

So I good, (guided) look through mummy's fabric and the perfect one was found. A quick look and measure of one of his pillowcases and we were on our way. The cutting proved a bit too much waiting for him but as soon as the machine came out it was smiles all round.

Concentration 
He did a good job with a guiding hand from Mummy, only once did we need the seam ripper and it was totally my fault. 
I few wobbly seams but as you can see he was very proud.



And it now has pride of place in his bed, clever boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment